Pages

Friday, July 28, 2017

Huda Beauty Rose Gold Palette Review

Friday, July 28, 2017
 



LOOK at this palette guys!!! It is so gorgeous, I don't regret this purchase one bit, it is seriously one of the best purchases I've ever made and I use it religiously. The colours are extremely versatile for any occasion, and the mix of shimmers, mattes, and textured colours work so well. I know everyone says if you have the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette then you don't need this one...well I've got both because I have no self control. I use both palettes a lot too. Personally, I think they're very different and I definitely get more use out of the HudaBeauty palette due to the versatility, since Modern Renaissance doesn't have a black or the deep brown and taupe...neither the red, or that bright pink like "Flamingo" either. Don't get me wrong, I love both palettes equally, I have a heavy bias towards ABH palettes as I adore them, so I don't think these two should even be compared. I use Modern Renaissance a lot for daytime looks as compared to the HudaBeauty because of it's warmer, lighter, shade range. The Huda palette surpassed my expectations with it's quality, all the shadows are highly pigmented, extremely buttery and have little fallout. The shade "Moondust" is an absolute dream for brow highlight and the inner corner highlight. I never thought I'd ever be able to wear red eyeshadow until "Maneater", it works so well with my warm skintone. Also I think this entire palette works fantastically with warmer and dark skintones, which I highly appreciate (thanks for thinking of us coloured girls Huda!). The Lord knows the makeup industry sucks at equal representation when it comes to shade range etc, thankfully they're getting better at it.


 



Now, for the cons...those textured shades...lordt. They are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L, but! You can't use a brush...well you can but the results usually aren't very desirable. As said my many other reviewers and makeup artists, it's best to use your fingers to apply the textured shades. They are just as buttery as the rest but they stick to brushes and don't transfer well onto the skin, when using your fingers however, it does work very well. That's pretty much the only con for me, and I'm not quite sure if it's even considered a con since I still use them with my fingers and I love how they look.


 



(Swatches of the first two rows of shadows, one swipe each. Ignore my fading henna.)

This post has been in my drafts since last year...do you see how much of a wreck I am? Fml. Ah well, also I can't seem to find a damn app to post to blogger from my phone so things are MUCH harder since my laptop has been failing me for the majority of this year. I have so many backed up posts to edit and add photos to, to post on here >.< Anywhooo, back to the palette, this palette gets a 8/10 from me because of the small glitch with the textured shades, AND the pricetag, it comes in at a hefty 65 USD which could be lower in my opinion, apart from that, it's definitely a worthy purchase.


xoxo, Shantilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haute Mess © 2014